cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 BLE OTA Process Issue

Louis Loving
Senior

Using STM32CubeMonitor-RF I am able to update my device via OTA with one small issue. I send the command to program my device and my application gets deleted and the device reboots into our OTA application but I have to search for my device a second time, select the device and then reinitate the programming process. It works fine as a two step process but would like for it to be a single step process.

I have a BLE sniffer and I can see where the problem occurs but I have not been able to figure out what is causing it.

Here's a snippet from the Nucleo board that works:

0693W000003Ph5kQAC.png

Here's the snippet form our device that doesn't:

0693W000003Ph6EQAS.png

The LL_TERMINATE_IND is missing from our connection but I am not sure what is causing the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Louis Loving
Senior

Figured it out.

From AN5247:

Re-scan to find the new service (right side of Figure 17). Note that Bluetooth MAC address is intentionally modified for OTA application by increasing the first byte. This is to ensure that the client will launch a new discovering phase to detect new services.

This is critical for the OTA to work in one pass.

-Louis

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Louis Loving
Senior

Figured it out.

From AN5247:

Re-scan to find the new service (right side of Figure 17). Note that Bluetooth MAC address is intentionally modified for OTA application by increasing the first byte. This is to ensure that the client will launch a new discovering phase to detect new services.

This is critical for the OTA to work in one pass.

-Louis