cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example "I2C_EEPROM_fast_mode_plus" does not seem to work

BNord.1
Associate III

Hello ST Team,

I'm currently studiing how to manage the I2C communication on the STM32H743-EVAL2.

To do so, I used the STM32CubeIDE to find an example to see how it shall work properly and I downloaded the code of "I2C_EEPROM_fast_mode_plus", which was considered as compatible with this evaluation board. Sadly, it does not seem to work.

When I compile, and spy the communication port (I use a communication analyzer connected to the connector CN4 on pin 1 (SDA) and 3 (SCL)), I only see the address data sent from the MCU (STM32H743) to the slave (EEPROM), with no reply from the EEPROM (cf. screenshot below, 0x41 is the ASCII code of the first letter I try to send : 'A').0693W000003Pf5OQAS.png

I tried to change the EEPROM_ADDRESS, which was not the right one (0xA6, which is used for another board) to 0x84, which is the one of the EEPROM, according to the electrical diagram of the evaluation board, but it does not work either.

I tried to use the debugger, but it seems that the volatile variable I2C_Error_Flag is activated (='1') soon after the MCU was trying to write in the EEPROM.

Then, the program stays in the infinite loop of the function Error_Handler, which switches the red LED (LED3) on before.

Could someone try the same example program to see whether the issue is only on my board? Otherwise, has someone already had this issue and know how to solve it?

If there is nobody who could help me with this issue , is there at least someone with a working example of how to manage the I2C communication?

0 REPLIES 0