cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom External Loader

MMerc.1
Senior

Hi,

I am using a custom board with the following CPU : STM32F746BGTx.

Here is the pinout :

• PB2 : QUADSPI_CLK
  • PB6 : QUADSPI_BL1_NCS
  • PF6 : QUADSPI_BL1_IO3
  • PF7 : QUADSPI_BL1_IO2
  • PF8 : QUADSPI_BL1_IO0
  • PF9 : QUADSPI_BL1_IO1

How can I load all the assets (images, font, ...) into the QSPI N25Q128A ?

I know I need to use an external loader but I don't know how to create it...

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi MMerc.1,

In order to help you create an appropriate external loader for your custom board, I suggest you use the drivers available within the stm32CubeF7 (it can take several minutes to download)

Under \Drivers\BSP for STM32746G-Discovery you can find files (qspi) with the needed operations to be performed on your external memory (Init/read/write etc...).

You can create a project and integrate these files, but make sure to modify the needed pinout to be aligned with your board.

For more examples you can take a look on the QSPI or the BSP example within the projects folder.

I hope this help!

Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi MMerc.1,

In order to help you create an appropriate external loader for your custom board, I suggest you use the drivers available within the stm32CubeF7 (it can take several minutes to download)

Under \Drivers\BSP for STM32746G-Discovery you can find files (qspi) with the needed operations to be performed on your external memory (Init/read/write etc...).

You can create a project and integrate these files, but make sure to modify the needed pinout to be aligned with your board.

For more examples you can take a look on the QSPI or the BSP example within the projects folder.

I hope this help!

Imen