cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile box not visible at bluetooth profile

SGupt.4
Associate II

Its quite stressful to see the sensor box not working. It hangs with demo apps. It tried to connect repeatedly while plotting data when it was working. Have used it only for a day. After firmware update, it does not respond. Blue LED does not blink at all. You have to disconnect from battery every time. You could have bundled a debugger with this device to see if the LEDs light up. Have I received a defective sensor. I want to ask for replacement. Have paid lot of money for shipping and customs duty tax

8 REPLIES 8
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SGupt.4​, I understand you concern. Can you please share the model of your phone and the operating system? Did you set the pairing code (123456) for the bluetooth detection? I don't believe your ST.box is broken. Please refer to THIS post if it can be of any help.

I also add @niccolo.ruffini​ who is of course more expert than me in case you need further support.

Regards

SGupt.4
Associate II

The phone is Redmi Note 6 pro and OS is android . Yes The pin was visible first time when i tried connecting to phone's Bluetooth.

Hi ,

I had one more question to ask , why does sensortile keeps disconnecting with bluetooth? while plotting graph , the graph appears for 5 seconds and then ST sensor BLE app stops plotting and whole sensor app hangs. the sensor tile box crashes and becomes un responsive.

I would also like to know the model number of sensortile box battery connector, since the wire has ripped off the connector due to repeated handling.

With warm regards, 0693W000004IV6gQAG.jpg

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @SGupt.4​ ,

may I ask which fw version you are referring to?

I mean: what version is now the fw on the sensortile.box?

I'm very sorry that your battery connector broke, the part number is PS-78172-0002, but I would suggest to resolder it to the wires.

SGupt.4
Associate II

The FW is SENSORTILE.BOX_v341.bin

Thanks and regards,

Hi @SGupt.4​ ,

can you try to flash this fw in attachment?

this will be the new version available in the next weeks with the FOTA update.

let me know if it works.

Hi @SGupt.4​ ,

was you able to check your ST.box functionality (without battery, only with USB cable)?

If no, please try with the attached presentation and attached file.

-Eleon

Attachment n.2