cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial NAND flash support on STM32F412

HGana.1
Associate

Hello,

anyone please help me to select the right flash IC for my application.

In my project i am using STM32F412 main controller. we collect the data and stored to flash. once data collection is completed it will send to cloud.

We need 8GB flash for data collection and OTA , So please let me know can i use nand / nor flash and also let me drivers will support for 1GB to 8GB flash.

1 REPLY 1

The F412 supports QSPI attached NOR and NAND Flash memory. NOR has relatively slow erase/write times, NAND can not do Execute-In-Place.

The are HAL BSP examples for QSPI NOR, such as those used on the F412-DISCO board.

For other parts you'll need to write your own driver/bsp code, or engage with embedded devs with such skills/experience.

NAND would be needed to get beyond 256MB capacities on the STM32.

NAND parts would be good for data storage, but tend to get more involved with file systems, data recovery and wear leveling issues. The software and driver burdens on them is quite high.

Many of the STM32 parts can use SD Cards or eMMC memories, these provide somewhat less crude data storage, the latter being soldered down and quite robust. The sizes available range from the low to high GB ranges (ie 1- 512GB) in a similar form factor, and common software.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..