cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX SwipeContainer buggy, poor performance.

VSimu.1
Associate III

I have seen a lot of information about the STM32 supporting special hardware features to enable high performance TouchGFX GUIs.

As far as I can see, Chrom-ART acceleration is enabled by default. I am not 100% sure how to check if this is actually working in the hardware though. We have very bad performance while swiping the SwipeContainer. We are using version 4.14, but had this issue while on 4.13 as well.

The problem is, in my project I have a SwipeContainer Widget which contains say 10 texts. When swiping, some of the text fields disappear, then reappear. Or some of the letters of the texts get smeared on the screen. While holding the screen with the finger, this bad behavior stays visible. Only after releasing the finger and the screen goes back to "center", do all of the widgets get redrawn properly again. But even in this case, some of the text widgets never appear at all, or are only visible briefly while swiping. This is very reproducible on our side.

When we use Run Target for our Application Template, everything works 100% correctly. Run Target puts our GUI on FreeRTOS. Our custom implementation puts the GUI onto EmbOS. We tried to turn off all of our backend Tasks, and the problem still exists.

So I am not exactly sure what the problem could be. We have had this bug for about 4 weeks and we have tried everything on our custom back end of the MVP pattern. This bug is driving us crazy and we either might need to completely redesign without SwipeContainer, or choose some different GUI library.

What kind of things can affect the performance of TouchGFX to make it do this?

2 REPLIES 2
VSimu.1
Associate III

And after I wrote this question, I implemented the button to disable/enable Chrom-ART Acceleration exactly as it is done in the "TouchGFX Demo 2" UI Template, Bird Eat Coin.

When I DISABLE the hardware acceleration, then my bug is fixed! (Yuppi?) I am not sure why this is working, but it is good news for me and my team. I am using the application template ETEM070001ZDH6 v(1.0.0).

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

We only provide Application Template from EDT in the Designer. We do not create or implement them. If you need some assistance, maybe contacting them could help in the future.

It's great if you found a workaround 🙂

/Alexandre