cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MotionMC and MotionEC librabries initialization fail

Jmong.1
Associate II

Good afternoon everyone,

I currently trying to implement an application with the ECompass feature using MotionEC library (and MotionMC library to improve precision and reliability of the data).

My initialization failed (it looks like an infinit loop) inside the MotionMC_Initialize or MotionEC_Initialize functions.

I don't understand why, especially because it worked well last week.

The only thing that change between the two version is the CubeMx project, I checked and there is no difference (same pin, same name, same peripherals and same configuration).

I firstly thought that the CRC module were not well initialized, but it is not the case, everything goes well during HAL drivers and peripherals initialization.

Can someone help me understanding what is happening here ?

Thanks,

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Julien Mongin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

In your Makefile I see FLOAT-ABI = -mfloat-abi=soft (line 104).

Would you please try the compilation option -mfloat-abi=softfp because the MotionEC and MotionMC libraries are compiled with this option for mfloat-abi.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hello,

which MCU do you use? Can you share the whole project?

Jmong.1
Associate II

Hello,

thank you for your answer,

I am using a NUCLEO-L476RG with a X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 (LSM303AGR magnetometer).

I cannot attach my whole project to this message, so I give you a link to a google drive:

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Julien.

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

In your Makefile I see FLOAT-ABI = -mfloat-abi=soft (line 104).

Would you please try the compilation option -mfloat-abi=softfp because the MotionEC and MotionMC libraries are compiled with this option for mfloat-abi.

Jmong.1
Associate II

Good morning,

Thank you for your answer, everything works well now.

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Julien.

Hi @Jmong.1​ , if the issue is solved and everything is now ok, please select Miroslav's answer as "Best", allowing future community users to easily find a solution to similar problems. Thank you and regards