cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Wildcard Characters, Wildcard Ranges?

HAnh
Associate III

I have problem with Wildcard Characters and Wildcard Range as bellow

1. In the Wildcard Characters i putted: a-z,A-Z,0-9.
  2. In the Wildcard Ranges i putted: a-z,A-Z,0x20-0xFE,0-9

I can show String and number OK, but only string of string or string of number.

When i show string like "30TH" or number "2020" it can't show

Wildcard Buffer 30th = 10

Wildcard Buffer 2020 = 5

My code like:

oxyDateArr[29]= "30th";

Unicode::strncpy(txtOxyDateBuffer,oxyDateArr[29],strlen(oxyDateArr[29])); // for case 30th

Unicode::snprintf(txtOxyYearBuffer, sizeof(txtOxyYearBuffer), "%d",20+2000);//for case 2020

but screen show: =?1/2? and ?u?

Anyone can help me solve those problem and explain What are Wildcard Characters, Wildcard Ranges? 

Thanks Everyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

A Wildcard character can be any character that is supported by the font you are using. So as you mentioned it can be special characters but also letters, numbers, and more if the font has it.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

As the name states, wildcard characters are characters that you will be included in your code because they can be used dynamically in a wildcard.

Wildcard ranges are ranges of characters. This is useful because instead of writing abcdefgh... you just write a-z in the Wildcard range field and this will include all the latin alphabet in your application.

Writing "a-z" in the wildcard characters field, will only include a, - and z.

You can have a look at UI examples available in the Designer such as the Flex Button Example.

/Alexandre

HAnh
Associate III

Hi Alexandre RENOUX

Thanks for respond.

As i know that: wildcard characters are some character like ", . ' !@#$%^&*() "

that is right?

Thanks you so much

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

A Wildcard character can be any character that is supported by the font you are using. So as you mentioned it can be special characters but also letters, numbers, and more if the font has it.

/Alexandre