cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to use USB device mode in NUCLEO STM32H745ZI-Q

Jvela.11
Associate II

Hello everyone !

I'm starting with this h7 family but I wasn't able to get any usb example for the nucleo stm32h745. So I've been using the discovery board ones.But It didn't work , the usb state got suspended and the pc is warning a unknown device .I also checked the initialization and everything returns ok until the infinite loop in main.c.

Can you provide an example for nucleo board or help me to adjust this one.

IDE : STM32CubeIDE

APP : en.stm32cubeh7_v1-8-0\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H745I-DISCO\Applications\USB_Device\HID_Standalone

BOARD : NUCLEO STM32H745ZE-Q

Thanks =)

1 REPLY 1
TFranke
Associate II

Hmm, difficult to say.

I do only have a NUCLEO-H743ZI2 board here, and I remember having those issues when either the 48 MHz USB peripheral clock was misconfigured, or if one of the clocks needed for connection to the USB peripheral was configured to slow. Running all others like AXI and AHB >=50MHz helped on my side.

I have an open issue here

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000FOnZaSAL/stm32h743iit6-hard-fault-error-on-usb-cdc-enumeration

which currently only affects my single board or CPU. It's a USB VCP project which prints a "Hello World" message over USB-emulated virtual COM-Port to a terminal program like Putty or TeraTerm. Feel free to try if it's running without modification on your board.

Best regards,

Tobias