cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L151C8U6A can't be programmed from within STM32CubeIDE

AFish.1
Associate

Hello,

I have created an empty project for STM32L151C8U6A and used the configurator to set a single GPIO pin high. When I attempt to use the "Debug" function to download the program to my board, I get the error:

Memory Programming ...
Opening and parsing file: ST-LINK_GDB_server_a27016.srec
  File          : ST-LINK_GDB_server_a27016.srec
  Size          : 5276 Bytes
  Address       : 0x08000000 

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:
Error: Flash loader cannot be loaded

Error: failed to erase memory

If I use ST-Link Utility to download and run the file, the download is successful, and I see the GPIO output I set in the configurator at the correct (high) level.

This seems similar to the error seen here: https://forum.atollic.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1382&start=20#p4037 with the same chip. The poster there has concluded that the problem is a regression in ST's toolchain:

I temporarily solved this problem: Downgrade to version 9.0.1. But I need STM32G0! :?
The problem is somewhere in a bunch of ST-LINK_gdbserver v5 + and Atollic. Gdbserver v4.2.x is work, v5.x.x - don't work.
I hope that the developers fix this problem with the server in v9.4.

Note that I can program other chips (ie, STM32F3, STM32L0, etc...) with my copy of STM32CubeIDE just fine. I am certain I have selected the correct chip part number when creating the project, as I have done this many times in my efforts to resolve this issue.

I am wondering if anyone else can verify whether they are able to download code onto a STM32L151C8U6A with the STM32CubeIDE programmer, or whether this is in fact a bug.

Thanks,

Alan

0 REPLIES 0