Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APIs DSH-PREDMNT

a123
Associate II

Hello,

I am using a STEVAL-STWINKT1 connected to ST cloud: DSH-PREDMNT

I want to increase the number of devices and time of use, is this possible? what is the procedure to do it?

If not, do you provide the APIs to implement it in my own dashboard?

can the DSH-PREDMNT serve as a bridge to deliver the results on my own dashboard?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @a123​ ,

you can get a higher number of devices using a personal AWS account, deploying the DSH-PREDMNT application.

Here is a guide that I think can help you.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/sales_and_marketing/presentation/product_presentation/group0/4f/2b/50/29/63/91/4b/10/DSH-PREDMNT_How_to_deploy_DSH-PREDMNT_in_propriety_AWS_account/files/How_to_deploy_DSH-PREDMNT_in_proprietary_AWS_account.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.How_to_deploy_DSH-PRE...

Let me know if this answer your questions or if I can help you further.

a123
Associate II

thanks @niccolo.ruffini​ 

If I begin to use a personal AWS account, I need to use between 500 to 1000 devices, could you please let me know the price montly of the cloud to manage that number of devices?

Thanks

Hi @a123​ ,

I'm sorry, but I don't have this kind of information. I think you should directly ask AWS web services, at the link below:

https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/?nc1=f_m

a123
Associate II

I have spoken with AWS support and they told me that the price will depend on the consumption per sensor data

How much could a sensor consume daily?

How can I calculate it?

Does the ST dashboard give me that information?

Thanks

a123
Associate II

Hi @niccolo.ruffini​ 

I have spoken with AWS support and they told me that the price will depend on the consumption per sensor data

How much could a sensor consume daily?

How can I calculate it?

Does the ST dashboard give me that information?

Thanks

a123
Associate II

Hi @niccolo.ruffini​ 

Sorry that I repeated the same question, I made a mistake.

I dowloaded the DATA LAKE file trying to know if in that file I could know how much the sensor consumed, but the file is empty.

Do you know any other way to know the amount of daily or monthly consumption per sensor?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriela

niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @a123​ ,

I think that the consumption per sensor data is completely dependent on your application.

You should check what type of data are you uploading (number of bytes) and multiply it by the ODR of the single sensor to know how much data you have in a second, and multiply for the time you plan on logging. All of this for all the different sensors you would like to use.

In the end, it really depends on the application and the firmware that you want to use.

a123
Associate II

Hello niccolo

Thank you for the support.

Yes, I'm trying to download the DATALAKE file from the dashboard but it is empty. I don't know where I could get that information then. Do you know why? or where could I get the number of bytes from the sensors?

Where can I get more information about all this? This is what amazon is asking me to give me a budget for the subscription. I am halted for not getting the information they are requesting .

Thanks for your support again

Gabriela

Hi Gabriela @a123​ ,

I'm trying to contact a more knowledgeable colleague, because never worked with this tool until now.

Meanwhile, would you like to confirm how much data you recorded with your device smb_01?