cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get FUOTA working properly on an STM32WB55RG? I am using the P-NUCLEO-WB55 board.

DOrba.1
Associate II

I have followed the workshop on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_qVURNbWuM&list=PLnMKNibPkDnHCD2Xc_xX-nWR7AoWBPK2Q. And the first time I went through it everything worked fine.

However, when I tried it a second time it did not:

I loaded the BLE_Ota_x.bin to the board using the programmer. I then use the ST BLE Sensor app to upload BLE_p2pServer_ota_x.bin into the board and set the memory allocation to 0xC000. This upload works well, but then if I want to load a new code through the app, e.g. the BLE_HeartRate_ota_x.bin, it does not work.

The file does not appear as selected firmware, after tapping the SELECT FILE button and selecting the file. If instead, I tap the round button with the refresh arrow, I get a message saying "No node was found".

I tried using the dongle in transparent mode as well and get an error or no response message after trying to upload the code.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Derek

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

I did not check the content of the MOOC but just note that you cannot upgrade the FUS twice on a STM32WB device.

Once a version of FUS is installed on the chip, you will get error if you try to install it a second time.

This is not the case for the wireless stack.

Just check this point, avoid any new FUS installation.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

Did you erase the previous ​BLE_p2pServer_ota_x.bin before loading the BLE_HeartRate_ota_x.bin?

Why using 0xC000? I use 0x7000 as start address for the OTA download. Note that it should not make a difference.

I do not erase the previous BLE_p2pServer_ota_x.bin before loading the BLE_HeartRate_ota_x.bin. In the app, I can't select a file with the "Application Coprocessor Binary" or the Custom option. When trying to upload code using the RF-Monitor, I get no response (See attached image). Regarding the previous comment, there might have been more than one attempt to upgrade the FUS, since I was not the only one working with the board.

I dragged the ble_ota_x.bin into the E: -drive and tried uploading new code using the android app. When I do this, I get an upload bar with no notification stating that the upload was completed (see attached image).