cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bootloader update the application saved on the USB memory stick attached to on STM32F429 Discovery board when reset occurs , it detects if USB flash memory pen is attached, if attached read and copy application file (hexfile) from usb and update

MAlkh.1
Associate II

If reset happens or the board is powered up -> boot loader checks if usb flash memory is attached to the usb port , -> if attached-> check if there is firmware stored in the usb flash memory pen ->is so copy and update the application from usb stick-> then jump to the application which has been updated from the flash memory -> end.

Thanks I really appreciate of you can help me with this thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What's the question?

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\USB_Host\FWupgrade_Standalone

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

What's the question?

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Projects\STM32F429I-Discovery\Applications\USB_Host\FWupgrade_Standalone

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MAlkh.1
Associate II

Hi Clive ,

I think you have answered my question , so the code you pointed dose exactly what I need ? if so I will be speechless and will have to create a new word Thanking you ! ...

I think this uses .BIN files, but could be adapted to handle .HEX or .DFU files.

MAlkh.1
Associate II

I can handle this , it was just the code and the mechanism I needed to have ... appreciate your help , Thanks you very very very much! really