cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get STM32G474RE (Nucleo Board) in to the Bootloader

Peter Allnutt
Associate III

I've read AN2606 and it says use Pattern 14 for the G474 series. My understanding from this is a new board should enter the inbuilt bootloader simply by pulling the BOOT0 pin high. This does not work for me.

Using STLink I can see the the option bits and BOOT_LOCK=0, nBoot1=1 and nSWBoot0=0. I've tried with nSWBoot0=1 to and the micro still just runs the user code in flash.

I can get into bootloader on an F4 Discovery Board and a F4 Nucleo Board by pulling the BOOT0 pin high but not my G474 Nucleo Board. What I am missing/doing wrong?

TIA

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter Allnutt
Associate III

Ok seems I might have posted a bit prematurely. Setting option bit nSWBoot0 to 1 does seem to allow me in to the bootloader 😳 Although it enters the bootloader irrespective of the BOOT0 pin state.

This observation still doesn't seem to fit in with the expected operation as per the the AN2606 document.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter Allnutt
Associate III

Ok seems I might have posted a bit prematurely. Setting option bit nSWBoot0 to 1 does seem to allow me in to the bootloader 😳 Although it enters the bootloader irrespective of the BOOT0 pin state.

This observation still doesn't seem to fit in with the expected operation as per the the AN2606 document.