cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7A3 - Damaged flash/manufacturing issue?

RJasz
Associate II

Hey.

I was playing with a code once suddenly I could not send anything to MCU. Keil returns me multiple lines like this with different addresses:

"Contents mismatch at: 08040FE1H (Flash=FFH Required=00H) !"

The programming algorithm is fine.

In STLink Utility, I have noticed that write protection has been enabled (sectors 0-15 disabled, 16-31 enabled, 32-47 disabled, 48 - 63 enabled, and so on). I have tried to disable write protection entirely by STLink utility and CLI...no luck. The weird thing is that the address pointed by Keil is not in a protected area. I see that some sectors can be modified and some not (but they are not even marked as a protected! - like sector 32, which is not protected, but the content could not be changed during programming!).

When I tried to modificate write protection in CLI, only MSB of the value changes:

0x0000FFFF-> 0xFFFFFFFF -> 0x0000FFFF ... the LSB part stays the same.

It is a new MCU - is it possible it is a manufacturer issue?

Is it better to buy a new MCU or is there some workaround for this issue?

Cheers,

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Did you try the same in STM32CubeProgrammer? It's newer. Might support the newer chips better.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

+1 to @TDK​  proposal.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.