cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader-RS485

DeveloperMan
Associate III

Hello there,

I want to load the application code with the bootloader over the RS-485 line using stm32f103 in my project. I did this over the RS-232 line. However, I could not achieve this with the RS-485 line.

6 REPLIES 6

I wouldn't expect the ROM based system loader to be able to support this mode of connection.

You'll need to code your own loader with awareness of your hardware design.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

The STM32F1 doesn't have native support for RS-232 or RS-485. You'll need a transceiver chip to convert it to a single ended signal and hook it up to one of the UART ports supported by the bootloader.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
prain
Senior III

You can use a custom Bootloader to achieve this.

The default ST Bootloader work in full duplex mode​, so you can use RS422 instead.

I can boot the software with Real-Term via the CPU's usart1 pins (Tx-Rx). However, there is an RS-485 integrated in my hardware and there is a conversion with the A-B line. In order to turn this hardware into software, I need to configure it over the enable pin.

What exactly do you mean by the transceiver chip?

I can boot the software with Real-Term via the CPU's usart1 pins (Tx-Rx). However, there is an RS-485 integrated in my hardware and there is a conversion with the A-B line. In order to turn this hardware into software, I need to configure it over the enable pin.