cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFU mode is working but normal USB don't. Windows 10 device manager says "device descriptor failed"

DManj.1
Associate

Hello everyone,

I have CNC controller with STM32F207 MCU and during operation machine stopped and on software was message "load BIN file". After a wile I found bin file for exact model of particular board on manufacturers site, downloaded it and imported through software of machine. There was no messages and after one hour I restarted controller and there was message "Unknown USB device".

After that I started to dig for MCU programmers to manually load flash to MCU and eventualy got STM32Cube programmer, made FTDI interface and succesfully connected it to board with BOOT0 / USART3 - FTDI serial interface. Uploaded and verified with no errors. After restart I have again unknown device (device descriptor failed).

Guessed that USB is fried and tried to connect in DFU / BOOT0 mode and it was successful. Uploaded bin file through DFU - USB and verified with no errors.

I guess that bin file is not ok (not for this board) or system bootloader is not working (if it exists outside of uploaded code) I don't know how it is working.

f anyone have some suggestions, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Donald.

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

If DFU works, the hardware is probably fine. Sounds like the firmware isn't working. I'd contact the people who made it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".