cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a problem with touchgfx, internal ram, internal flash and configurations of them.

MKabu.1
Associate II

Is it possible to make my custom board without external ram and flash?

If yes how can i do it?

How can i test my custom board harware configs on a commercial Discovery Kit?

TouchGFX doesnt recognise my parameters on CUBEMX

Hey Everyone.

Im new to the embedded systems and TouchGFX concepts. I've made a few applications with STM32F429-DISCO and STM32H750B-Dk. I've followed the instructions on the documantary website and youtube tutorials. Now my problem is i want to make my own custom board with STM32H750XB but i dont want to use any external ram or flash while doing it.(Also my custom board has the same specs with onboard screen)

My main approach was to disable all the FMC and QuadSPI configurations on CUBEMX, choose pins for LTDC from Schematics of STM32H750B-DK, enable DMA2D, choose CMSIS_V2, and set all the necessary parameters of TouchGFX (I was also using singlebuffer). Then i imported the CUBEMX project to CUBEIDE.

When imported, i used .part file to make the GUI but the screen size doesnt seem to fit my configs(configs was 480x272, the GUI designer recognised it as 800x480.) . Can these all be related with FMC QSPI adjustments? If not was my approach correct for custom board?

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

What does "TouchGFX doesnt recognise my parameters on CUBEMX" mean?

TouchGFX can run on internal memory only. I'm having problems seeing what real issues you are having. You can test your setup on a disco kit running in internal memories only. For an MCU like G0 this requires you to use a partial-framebuffer configuration because there's no room for framebuffer, stack, etc.

/Martin