cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H747I-DISCO and STM32CubeProgrammer 2.5.0

YMill.1
Associate II

Hi All,

I have STM32H747I-DISCO board with a built-in STLink-V3E. I am trying to falsh the MCU, but no matter what I do, I cannot get STM32CubeProgrammer 2.5.0 to recognise the board.

I plug the board into Win10 PC via a micro-USB cable in the ST-Link-V3E socket (CN2). The board powers up and displayes demo software that came with it. JP6 jumper is set to STlk.

I fire up STM32CubeProgrammer 2.5.0 which says "No ST-link detected".

I have installed STLink009 drivers, however, I also don't see the board under the "USB Composite divce" list in the Device manager.

Is the board faulty or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

It should show up as something like "ST-Link Debug" in the device manager. If not, try a different cable. Try a different port. Reboot.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
YMill.1
Associate II

Thanks for the suggestion!

I tried 3 different cables, tried plugging in all USB ports possible - still nothing.

I also have a STLink-v2 as a stanadlone device and that is detected fine.

Do I have to do something special to the board for it to get detected, perhaps? Maybe it is "locked" by default or something?

M.Hajji
Associate III

Hello YMill.1,

Check JP1 maybe it was fitted. if yes the STLINK will be kept under reset and will not be detected.

Regards,

Mahmoud.

Hi, Mahmoud!

Thanks for the reply.

There is no JP1 on this discovery board.