cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make my custom board without external ram and flash? If yes how can i do it? How can i test my custom board harware configs on a commercial Discovery Kit? TouchGFX doesnt recognise my parameters on CUBEMX

MKabu.1
Associate II

Hey Everyone.

Im new to the embedded systems and TouchGFX concepts. I've made a few applications with STM32F429-DISCO and STM32H750B-Dk. I've followed the instructions on the documantary website and youtube tutorials. Now my problem is i want to make my own custom board with STM32H750XB but i dont want to use any external ram or flash while doing it.(Also my custom board has the same specs with onboard screen)

My main approach was to disable all the FMC and QuadSPI configurations on CUBEMX, choose pins for LTDC from Schematics of STM32H750B-DK, enable DMA2D, choose CMSIS_V2, and set all the necessary parameters of TouchGFX (I was also using singlebuffer). Then i imported the CUBEMX project to CUBEIDE.

When imported, i used .part file to make the GUI but the screen size doesnt seem to fit my configs(configs was 480x272, the GUI designer recognised it as 800x480.) . Can these all be related with FMC QSPI adjustments? If not was my approach correct for custom board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I can't really help you with board design, other than asking you to take a look at some reference design (disco, eval boards) schematics.

I'm not sure why the dimensions are not right. If the part file has the right dimensions that should never happen, so what do you mean by "configs was 480x272".

/Martin

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
MKabu.1
Associate II

@Martin KJELDSEN​  Can you help with the problem? 😂 😂

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I can't really help you with board design, other than asking you to take a look at some reference design (disco, eval boards) schematics.

I'm not sure why the dimensions are not right. If the part file has the right dimensions that should never happen, so what do you mean by "configs was 480x272".

/Martin

MKabu.1
Associate II

Thanks for the reply👍

So from cubemx i choose these options:0693W000002ldu5QAA.jpg0693W000002ldu0QAA.jpg0693W000002ldtbQAA.jpg0693W000002ldsxQAA.jpg

shouldnt these configurations generate a .part file for a screen size of 480x272

MKabu.1
Associate II

Also do i still need to configure QuadSpi and FMA if i dont want to use external memory

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Yes, the part file should reflect these settings. Do they? Post it.

No, you don't need to configure things you don't need.

/Martin

MKabu.1
Associate II

0693W000002le7nQAA.jpg0693W000002le7YQAQ.jpg

I can not change the Width and Height parameters on the TouchGFX also. And the color depth automatically set to 16 bit.

MKabu.1
Associate II

Furtermore here are the build errors i got

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Build errors from where? And can you post the .part file? Did you press "Generate code" in the designer?

MKabu.1
Associate II

I did press to the "Generate Code" before i build. I was also using STM32CUBEIDE, that is the error i got from. And here is the .part file