cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate STM controller with different LCD?

KM L.1
Associate II

I'm working on BOE varitronix LCD with HX8277B LCD Driver . I need to integrate this with stm32h743 controller and need to display image using touchGFX . I have written initialization code to the LCD and trying to display but nothing is working so what may be the issue?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

Please explain something more about what you're doing and what isn't working, etc.

/Martin

KM L.1
Associate II

we have interfaced BOE LCD with STM controller and also sent the initialization code via SPI to power on the LCD . Now using touchGFX need to display something but nothing is displaying over there.

Did you read the documentation on using SPI displays with TouchGFX? Since you're not using a TFT controller (We offer drivers for those through TouchGFX Generator) to send pixels to your display you have to do this manually since the method differes from display to display and configuration to configuration (SPI configuration, for instance).

Take a look at this article i wrote on SPI/FMC interfaces which is roughly the same: https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/development/touchgfx-hal-development/scenarios/scenarios-fmc

KM L.1
Associate II

only for initialization we are using SPI . This is a parallel RGB interface LCD.

Okay, i thought maybe you weren't using the LTDC for some reason. How did you create the project? Because the LTDC driver for H7 should be generated for you (if you're using the TouchGFX Generator in CubeMX)

Can you display anything on the LCD outside of touchgfx?

/Martin

KM L.1
Associate II

LTDC driver got generated as we are using touchGFX generator in cubeMX.

KM L.1
Associate II

Ya we can display outside of touchGFX

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

"LTDC driver got generated as we are using touchGFX generator in cubeMX."

You have the source code then - Are you hitting the callback handlers in the LTDC driver when you debug? Do you know what to look for? If not make sure that LTDC global interrupts are enabled in CubeMX.

/Martin

KM L.1
Associate II

ya i have enabled the LTDC global interrupts in cubeMX.