cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Burn eMMC with DCMI camera plugged

SMich.1
Senior

Hi, 

i moved to new ecosystem v2.0 "dunfell" and added my layers of wifi,camera, openCV and python packages from old Yocto ecosystem. 

when i trying to burn my custom board eMMC with my dcmi camera plugged it stuck on U-boot waiting for the USB connection to stm32Programmer to burn the eMMC .

when i stopping the burn process and i trying to turn on USB mass storage i cannot see the eMMC on my computer and when i unplugged the dcmi camera everything working perfectly.

and more wired stuff that it working fine with OLDER Yocto ECOSYSTEM.

what changed in U-boot with USB/DCMI peripherals ?

8 REPLIES 8
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SMich.1​ 

First, supposed just a typo but to avoid any confusion : V2.0 ecosystem is based on Yocto "dunfell" not "thud".

Please confirm you move to this new ecosystem for all component ( tf-a, u-boot, kernel) ?

Then, if you have any console trace from u-boot when issue occurs it can help.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Actually output trace from CubeProgrammer + UART Console are welcome for the failing case

Thx

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

yes you right it's a typo "dunfell" indeed.

i moved with all components.

i don't have the exact trace right now but the cube programmer stopped right before it should write data to eMMC and after some time lost connection error shown.

at UART console i got:

partitions : Writing GPT: success!

done

Erasing ssbl on mmc 0: done

DFU alt info setting: done

And stuck

when i unplug the DCMI camera or using the old yocto build everything working .

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SMich.1​ 

Can you tell me on which board you are working ? ST EV1 or your custom board ?

Thx,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

yes it's a custom board

Sorry it was already stated in original message. :\

I don't have much clue so far. Flashing eMMC with DCMI camera plugged on ST EVAL board doesn't show any problem.

To narrowing down the issue might be good to get GPIO pinout configuration for DCMI and USB on your custom board. Can you share in private message your schematics ?

Complete log traces from CubeProgrammer and UART are really welcome.

Thanks

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN

i think it something with DTS files that i did wrong on uboot that different from the old ecosystem .

I attached are my DTS.

it's not confidential.

SMich.1
Senior

where i can read what changed in new version of u-boot ?