cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo F207ZG demo

dxuef.1
Associate

Where can I get demo of Ethernet and lwIP with Nucleo-F207ZG? Why can't i find Nucleo-F207ZG example in STM32cubemx6.01?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The repository is always a very good source of sample programs. BTW: There's a reason the different STM32 families have so large firmware packages - beside the pure drivers and BSP there are also a huge number of examples for almost all kits from STMicroelectronics.

So if you e.g. want to use LwIP on a NUCLEO-F207ZG just:

• open your repository STM32Cube_FW_F2 and
  • navigate to Projects\NUCLEO-F207ZG\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS and
  • import the project from folder SW4STM32

Additional hint: copy the folder LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS to e.g. LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS_ORI, because that opens up the possibility of comparing both folders later to find differences or maybe restore things you've maybe deleted.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The repository is always a very good source of sample programs. BTW: There's a reason the different STM32 families have so large firmware packages - beside the pure drivers and BSP there are also a huge number of examples for almost all kits from STMicroelectronics.

So if you e.g. want to use LwIP on a NUCLEO-F207ZG just:

• open your repository STM32Cube_FW_F2 and
  • navigate to Projects\NUCLEO-F207ZG\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS and
  • import the project from folder SW4STM32

Additional hint: copy the folder LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS to e.g. LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS_ORI, because that opens up the possibility of comparing both folders later to find differences or maybe restore things you've maybe deleted.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter

Is the STM32F207 / 217 still being supported or is there a replacement?

I have re-installed STM32CubeIDE V 1.14.1.

There are no examples for the Dev board Nucleo-F207ZC in this version of CubIDE. I also cannot successfully import any of the projects in the en.stm32cubef2-v1-9-4 folder I downloaded.

I followed tthe instructions in this document: en.DM00613836.pdf ( https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/7c/55/d0/7d/19/68/49/10/DM00613836/files/DM00613836.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00613836.pdf )to no avail.

The current version of STM32CubeIDE does not even have a button with the words " Import SW / TS Project"

I cannot seem to get anything to work. I seem to be unable to get the source code for the Dev kit. I need to get the Ethernet working to compare against my Custom board I designed around this processor. I did not see a message that it is not to be used for new designs.

I really Urgently need support.

>>I really Urgently need support

That would need to come from those you have a strong business relationship with, or employ/engage directly. Try your sales rep at ST, or your FAE contact points.

The F2 is an evolutionary dead-end, I think this was apparent over a decade ago.

It's a Cortex-M3 design that parallels the F4 (Cortex-M4) build of basically the same hardware/peripheral set of the F407/F417, ie the design team pivoted directly from the tape-out of the F2 die into that of the F4, and moved forward from there.

The board level changes between the F2 and F4 were minimal in my recollection. The 144-pin board I built would take F205 / F405 and likely a couple of the F7 / H7 families.

At it's release the F2 and F4's used the SPL (Standard Peripheral Library), the parts we're as I recall highly interchangeable, if you compile with CM3 instructions the code will run on either, if you use the CM4(F) instructions clearly they won't back port.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Tesla

Thank you for the advice. I found a STM32F745Z which is pin to pin compattible. Even the default Ethernet are on the same pins.

I just think there should be some warning on the website when selecting processors for new designs.