cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensortile box firmware

MDupu.1
Associate II

Which firmware version​ should be on sensortile box? Any other recommendations is much appreciated.

I am having issues with 2 of 2 sensortile boxes I received yesterday​. All interactions have been with Android st ble app. No response from one and other I need to disconnect/re connect battery for it to function.

10 REPLIES 10
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @MDupu.1​ ,

I'm sorry to hear that you faced problems with the SensorTile.box.

This can be an issue with connection between board and app, when certain phones are used (this is due to connection problems fixed mostly in later fw upgrades).

Remember that to power up the SensorTile.box correctly you should first connect the battery, then connect the USB cable. you can try to disconnect both to reset it and try again the fw upgrade via app.

If you own an ST link, I can also provide you with the latest fw to be flashed on the box, so that those issues will be fixed.

may I ask you what is your phone model?

MDupu.1
Associate II

Thanks for helping!

​Galaxy S8. Is fw on github? Ok, I had not realised the battery was not connected. I will reset both to start from scratch; how do I factory reset?

Marc​

Hi Marc,

we never tested specifically the S8, do you have android 10, yet?

the fw is not on github, only the binary is available, and it is in attachment it to the post.

Regarding the factory reset, a simple reset should work, so disconnect every power source and reconnect it (first battery, then USB to power up)

Please, try to update via app after the reset, before flashing the firmware, and let me know if that worked.

Niccolò

MDupu.1
Associate II

Hi,

​I followed your instructions on one unit however it is now unresponsive (no leds, no ble). I should have tried another newer mobile but I am afraid it's too late since they both have gone dark. If there is no other way to reset, I will require a cable to connect direct. I have contacted Mouser.

Anything you can offer is appreciated.

Marc​

Hi,

let's take a step back and try to focus on one problem at a time (to be sure I understood well what is happening).

can you review what you did with the sensortile.box that is unresponsive?

have you got an STlink to program the boards?

MDupu.1
Associate II

Hi,

When received, both tiles were powered (without battery connected) and seem to function as expected (pairing and app load ota). I then connected the batteries and I believe I uploaded firmware with latest Android version. 1 tile became unresponsive but 2nd worked until it when to sleep. I then disconnected and reconnected battery which allowed me to use tile (ota programmed via app). I uploaded firmware you provided, now the 2nd is non responsive.

I do not have a ST link; should I get ​ST-LINK/V2 ?

Marc​

Well, if the two SensorTile.box were ok when you first powered them up, then the problem should be fixable.

First things first: let's work with the battery disconnected, to be sure that every time you disconnect the usb the power is off.

Then, please, erase your two sensortile.box from the paired device list on your phone, to avoid them from connecting at the power up (this should not be a problem, but I just want to avoid having more variables in the equation).

Then you can connect one sensortile.box to the usb, and check for the leds: the normal behavior is 3 leds blink once and right after that 2 leds (blue and green) blink once.

If this is the outcome, then check with the application if the board is seen.

else, we will look into it.

Hi Nicolo,Tile 1, no leds and tile 2 blue and green blink twice.Thanks!

Hi Niccolo, just wondering if another solution is available?​