cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to specify ADC clock frequency?

flyingchris
Associate II

Hello,

I'm using the H745ZI-Q and the CubeIDE. I want to configure the ADC clock but I can't find the clock settings mentioned in the documentation. Namely the adc_ker_ck. I found the AHB clock but with 240MHz it's a lot higher than specified in the datasheet.

Is there a prescaler I'm missing? Because the maximum ADC clock frequency is listed at 50MHz. Can someone upload images of the CubeIDE clock settings perspective and explain to me where I'm able to configure the adc clock?

Appreciate the help of you guys.

4 REPLIES 4

0693W000002lMJRQA2.png

You can further divide the clock using ADCx_CCR.PRESC. Read the Clocks subchapter of ADC chapter in RM.

I don't know where to click, I don't Cube.

JW

TDK
Guru

The options for the ADC clock are in the Clock Configuration tab like all the other clocks.

0693W000002lTflQAE.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks. But 129 MHz is higher than the maximum ADC clock -> 50MHz stated in the datasheet. Is there a prescaler behind that timer or do I need to reduce the clock in that tab. Because if I reduce it from 129 -> 50 MHz my cpu clock frequency get reduced to 75MHz. From 480MHz....

You can further divide the clock using ADCx_CCR.PRESC. Read the Clocks subchapter of ADC chapter in RM.

I don't know where to click, I don't Cube.