cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is STM32746BG and STM32F767BG equivalent?

Yunus ARI
Senior

Hi everyone,

I workin on a project that use STM32F746BG microcontrollers. I completed design and mass production process for PCB's. Now I working on software that use TouchGFX, LWIP, 7 inch Display and many other component for project. But I fulled 320kb of RAM in STM32F746BG now.

May I can change microcontroller, without any hardware change? I searched microcontrollers and find STM32F767BG with 520kb RAM. May I use STM32F767BG instead STM32F746BG?

I added an image that show used system components in project;

0693W000002lFLaQAM.png

Thanks in advance. Be healthy :D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There is just a negligible difference at pin 171, which on the F767BGT may supply the SDMMC2 with a different voltage, while on the F746BGT there is only one MMC anyway.

So yes, you can replace the STM32F7467BGTx by an STM32F767BGTx. But of course check all peripherals if there is anything disturbing and maybe disable the additional ones.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

There is just a negligible difference at pin 171, which on the F767BGT may supply the SDMMC2 with a different voltage, while on the F746BGT there is only one MMC anyway.

So yes, you can replace the STM32F7467BGTx by an STM32F767BGTx. But of course check all peripherals if there is anything disturbing and maybe disable the additional ones.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KnarfB
Principal III

STM32CubeMX has an option in pinout view (Alt+L) to search for compatible MCUs. This could give you a hint. But, I personally would never make such decisions purely upon a tool or a forum answer. Especially not when its about mass production.

I will get one sample and test first then do the mass production. Thanks for advice. I didn't know this CubeMX tool. It will help me lot.