cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STPMIC1 with LPDDR2 and 3.3VDD

PGE
Associate III

I am designing a board using STM32MP1, STPMIC1A and LPDDR2. I want to use 3.3V VDD not 1.8V as most of peripherals are 3.3V. I am following example in AN5031 Figure 32 LPDDR2 VDD1 is powered from LDO3 in bypass mode which is powered by VDD 1.8V.

I plan to change BUCK3 settings to output VDD 3.3V, use BUCK 4 to output 1.8V to power LDO3 in bypass mode which power LPDDR2 VDD1. I can't use BUCK directly to power LPDDR2 VDD1 as BUCK4 is rank 2 and turn on automatically with default 3.3V.

Is that the correct/recommended way to do it ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @PGE​ 

Actually you can generate the 1.8V from LDO3 using normal mode and any input between 2.8V to 5.5V. ( eg 3.3 from BUCK3)

You suggestion using BUCK4 as pre-regulation to 1.8V + LDO bypass is also possible and you will gain a bit on efficiency/power consumption. ( if this is important for you)

With STPMIC1A BUCK3 is already at 3.3V by default so you don't have to change anything.

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @PGE​ 

Actually you can generate the 1.8V from LDO3 using normal mode and any input between 2.8V to 5.5V. ( eg 3.3 from BUCK3)

You suggestion using BUCK4 as pre-regulation to 1.8V + LDO bypass is also possible and you will gain a bit on efficiency/power consumption. ( if this is important for you)

With STPMIC1A BUCK3 is already at 3.3V by default so you don't have to change anything.

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PGE
Associate III

Thanks for the reply. Yes power consumption/efficiency is important for me (hence the LPDDR2 choice). Will use BUCK3 in 1.8V mode.

Thanks again

Hi @PGE​ 

BUCK3 ? Guess you mean BUCK4 in 1.8V right ? 😊

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
PGE
Associate III

Yes right BUCK4 sorry