cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I and how to use STM32WB and the digital camera module with DCMI interface to take a photo only

PawelM
Associate III

I want to make a simple device to taking only photo and make decisions based on the photo. I would like to use the STM32WB as it has internal bluetooth modul. The camera module supports DCMI. The device will run on battery. After a few days of searching for info about STM32 and DCMI and I found info that only a few MCU supports DCMI interface :

STM32F2

STM32F4

STM32F7

STM32H7

STM32L4

The above info may be old, and the STM32WB familly is new.

So my question is, can I integrate the STM32WB and digital camera with DCMI interface to take a photo only.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Unfortunately there is no DCMI interface on the STM32WB.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​Unfortunately there is no DCMI interface on the STM32WB.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

We had an experiment with a very basic camera module connected via SPI to the WB. The frame rate was quite low even with a medium low resolution.

What are the possible interfaces available on your camera module? What is the expected picture resolution?

PawelM
Associate III

I have a raspberry digital camera, which is quite cheap. So I thought can use it.

The camera with SPI interface is more expensive. Could you please tell me the model of camera You used ? 

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​The module we use is from ADAFRUIT and is name is ARDUCAMERA (like ARDUINO camera)