cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinout diagram for STLink V3 mini to the STM32H7 Board. STLinkV3 has Virtual com port(UART) and SWD pins. with that I want to know how it will connect to the STM32 board?

VRapa
Associate II

I am designing my own board using STM32H7 controller. I am trying to flash the code using STLink V3 mini cable(SWD) and STLink V3 cable is having Virtual com port(UART) also for communicating to the board to the Host PC. How this connection will look like? I mean the connector that is coming from STLink will fit to the MCU board. How that Pin out diagram will look like. I know how it will in the STLinkV2 but in case V3 I am clueless. Can someone help me on this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In addition to the SWD port, the VCP function requires a UART on the ST-LINK. For the STLINK-V3MINI this is provided through STDC14.13 and .14, as can be seen in UM2052, pg 19.

Does it help?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In addition to the SWD port, the VCP function requires a UART on the ST-LINK. For the STLINK-V3MINI this is provided through STDC14.13 and .14, as can be seen in UM2052, pg 19.

Does it help?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.