cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-cube-touchgfx is not compatible with stm32h747xi?

sliu.2
Associate II

I try to create a graphic application based on stm32h747xi. When I tried to select x-cube-touchgfx in stm32cubemx. the option is gray and a warning says "this pac cannot be used on the selected MCU". Does stm32h747xi really not support x-cube-touchgfx.4.14.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPeča.1
Associate III

Hi @sliu.2​ ,

I am sorry, but I can not help you with this. I have been trying to integrate TouchGFX project with Cube project for while (for STM32H747i-DISCO), but with no success. You could try to make TouchGFX project for STM32H743 and try to make integration manually by the template (copy neccessary files). I was trying to make it this way, but still with no success. As I said I "solved" it by purchasing STM32F769i-DISCO, because I did not want to wait for adding support for dual core.

Best regards

Jan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JPeča.1
Associate III

Hi,

you are right, because x-cube does not support multicore devices like STM32H747i-DISCO. I have met the same problem (solved by purchasing STM32F769i-DISCO) for now.

But I saw the post on this forum about adding multicore support in Q4 2020.

Best regards

Jan

Hello @sliu.2​ 

Thanks for the feedback, it's not an issue but for the Dual core, it still not supported, it will be available as soon as possible .

Best regards,

Nesrine

sliu.2
Associate II

Hello @Nesrine.JLASSI​ 

Thanks for your reply. Now that TouchGFX does not support dual core, How can I build graphic application on STM32H747XI? Anyway I have found a TouchGFX folder in the STM32H747I-DISCO_demo project which is downloaded from ST website.

Best regards,

Scliu

JPeča.1
Associate III

Hi,

if you want only to build graphics application, you can download x-cube-touchgfx and in folder utilities is installation file of standalone application TouchGFXDesigner.

Best regards

Jan

sliu.2
Associate II

Hello @Jan Pe�?a​ 

Thanks for your reply.

I have a standalone TouchGFX Designer installed as you stated. Then I created a TouchGFX project with no Application Template and UI Template. Also I have created a CubeMX project with STM32H747XI. What do I have to do to integrate the TouchGFX project with the CubeMX project?

Best regards,

Scliu

JPeča.1
Associate III

Hi @sliu.2​ ,

I am sorry, but I can not help you with this. I have been trying to integrate TouchGFX project with Cube project for while (for STM32H747i-DISCO), but with no success. You could try to make TouchGFX project for STM32H743 and try to make integration manually by the template (copy neccessary files). I was trying to make it this way, but still with no success. As I said I "solved" it by purchasing STM32F769i-DISCO, because I did not want to wait for adding support for dual core.

Best regards

Jan

sliu.2
Associate II

Hello @Jan Pe�?a​ 

I see. Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Scliu​

ABricout
Associate III

Hello,

I am also trying to do a custom project using cubeMX and TouchGFX and I am facing the same problem that it is not compatible yet. In the version Touch GFX Generator v4.16.0 release notes it is specified : "TouchGFX Generator was previously available for projects with dual Core MCUs H747* and H745* despite not being supported yet." Do you have any updates on when it is going to be supported as I saw in this forum that is is planed for Q4 2020.

Thank you for your answer

Best regards

Augustin

Hi,

With the release of CubeMX 6.1 we are now currently working on having TouchGFX Generator available for dual cores . I unfortunately cannot give a delivery date yet.

/Romain