cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use OpenBootLoader?

TwelveSquared
Senior

STM32CubeG4 v1.3.0 contains STM32 OpenBootLoader 2.0. How is this used/accessed? I cannot find it anywhere in STM32CubeMX.

I have STM32CubeMX v6.0.1 and STM32Cube MCU package for STM32G4 series v1.3.0.

7 REPLIES 7
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@Pavel A.​  thanks for your reply, but that is not the bootloader I'm talking about. I am talking about the OpenBootLoader written by ST and supplied with STM32CubeG4.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @TwelveSquared​ ,

OpenBootLoader example was introduced in STM32CubeG4 package. It  exploits OpenBootloader Middleware to demonstrate how to develop an IAP application and how to use it.

More details on how to use this application are provided in the readme.txt file (Ex: STM32Cube_FW_G4\Projects\STM32G474E-EVAL\Applications\OpenBootloader).

It remains relevant to forward your request to support OpenBootLoader as a new Middleware component in STM32CubeMX. We will keep you informed if there is any update on this regard.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you. Yes, please keep me informed

Hi @TwelveSquared​ ,

I got the information that currently there is no plan to integrate OpenBootLoader in STM32CubeMX.

Your proposal was the trigger for such request.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @TwelveSquared​ ,

I would like to keep you informed that the development team reviewed your request and they confirm that OpenBootLoader will not be integrated as a Middleware component for STM32CubeMX.

-Amel

That is sad but thanks for updating me