cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install F0 Examples to CubeIDE

VKais.1
Associate II

Hello,

I would like to select STM32F0 examples projects from the New Project -> Example Selector.

I have CubeIDE, and in the MCU/MPU selector I can select my NUCLEO-F072RB.

In the Example Selector I can see examples for STM32 F4, F7, G0, G4, H7, L5 and WB only. I have no examples for the F0 MCUs.

In the STM32Cube Repository Folder I have both the STM32Cube_FW-F4 and the STM32Cube_FW_F0 folders with all the examples.

I've checked for updates, I have the latest F0 firmware package. My Firmware Installation Repository is set to \STM32Cube\Repository...

...can anyone help me understand what I'm missing to get the examples in the example selector?? I feel like this is going to be a facepalm....

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EJOHA
Senior

Hello, I do not really know whats going wrong when trying to import STM32F0 examples. 

But instead of using New Project -> Example selector you can try to do a File -> Import... 

In Import dialog select General -> Import ac6 System Workbench project and point to an example in the firmware, e.g.

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32F030R8-Nucleo\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle

Press finish and the example will be imported and converted from ac6 project to CubeIDE project. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EJOHA
Senior

Hello, I do not really know whats going wrong when trying to import STM32F0 examples. 

But instead of using New Project -> Example selector you can try to do a File -> Import... 

In Import dialog select General -> Import ac6 System Workbench project and point to an example in the firmware, e.g.

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F0_V1.11.0\Projects\STM32F030R8-Nucleo\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle

Press finish and the example will be imported and converted from ac6 project to CubeIDE project. 

Herve PIERROT
ST Employee

Hi @VKais.1​ ,

The example selector if one of our great new features that has just been released with the latest STM32CubeMX v6.0 and the STM32CubeIDE v1.4.

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet available for all STM32 families.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DgoSmSAJ/stm32cubemx-600-released

If you refer to this post about the content of the new features included in the STM32Cube v6.0, you can notice the following :

Example Selector:

 The feature is functional only for the examples related to the STM32F4, STM32F7, STM32G0, STM32G4, STM32H7, STM32L5 and STM32WB Series

We are working to extend the list of supported families, but I can't provide any certified date when those, and in particular the STM32F0 family, will be available.

For those families, the process remain to dig into the repository to find the example and open it manually in STM32CubeIDE, with the possibility to import SystemWorkbench project directly with STM32CubeIDE as suggested by @EJOHA​ above.