cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NodeRed's Chart Node to Stop Autoscaling

AGamb.2
Associate II

0693W000003CEB9QAO.png

I am trying to use the chart provided by NodeRed to set the Ymin and Ymax of my graphs so I can properly observe data for debugging(auto scaling is ruining detail). I'm aware NodeRed's chart node requires an inject architecture but I'm not sure how that it supposed to work with variables coming out of ST's post processing node. I've only seen examples of the inject node triggering a function node to provide dummy data. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

ST chart is not supposed to work as output of the single value sub-flow, only gauge does.

I proposed you, single flow, in order to give you some hints to develop your own subflow and allow you to get Ymin and Ymax values.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @AGamb.2​ 

If I understand well, you want to use NodeRed Chart to get Ymin and Ymax and use them in the ST chart, right?

Unfortunately even if you can see these ymin & ymax attributes in the graph they are only available for Bar chart type, It is not possible to set them in others ST chart.

Regards

Richard.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
AGamb.2
Associate II

Hi @Richard.Chvr​ ,

Thanks for replying quickly. I understand that the ST chart has Ymin and Ymax available only for the Bar Chart. That is why I want to avoid it all together and use the Chart Node that comes with NodeRed. This chart does support Ymin and Ymax for a regular chart. But it doesn't seem to work the ST processing node like the ST chart. I want to know how to make this chart work with the ST processing node so I can stop autoscaling

0693W000003Oet1QAC.png

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hi @AGamb.2​ ,

I don't know exactly what data format is expected by NodeRed Chart. You have to know the ST chart expect json formatted data as payload input ( see input section of chart help for more info).

You'll probably need some processing in order to input those data to NodeRed chart. Maybe be single value sub-flow could help to start:

0693W000000TrHcQAK.png

AGamb.2
Associate II

Hi @Richard.Chvr​ 

I tried the single flow into the NodeRed Chart and it did not work.

Curiously when I connect to the ST chart it also doesn't work. This seems like a deeper subflow issue so I've attached the flow. 0693W000003PCoUQAW.png

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

ST chart is not supposed to work as output of the single value sub-flow, only gauge does.

I proposed you, single flow, in order to give you some hints to develop your own subflow and allow you to get Ymin and Ymax values.