cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an on-board programmer solution for custom pcbs?

TGent.1273
Associate

Hello,

I'm currently working on an PCB for an lecture about uC programming. It should be an education board for students to engage and learn hardware programming using an STM32 and the given ICs and interfaces on the board.

Because this pcbs will be often reprogrammed but will have some fixed parts I thought on using an on-board debugger to make it more comfortable to use and minimize possible sources of misuse. It would be handy for the students to flash the STM32 through an usb cable.

I've searched around and found out about an open source project BMP (not sure if it is exactly what im looking for) and and the on-board solution from segger (J-Link OB).

However I wanted to know if there are any other possible solutions for programming/debugging STM32s on custom pcbs I've missed.

Is there an appropriate way to realize this or would you tend to use an small external debugger (STLINK-V3MINI, J-Link EDU mini)?

Thanks for any suggestions and sorry if I might have missed any already existing threads about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

This is actually the solution I was looking for! I'm kind of ashamed that i found the STLINK-V3MINI but not this one.

Thank you very much!