cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use ISM43362 WiFi module in B-L475E-IOT01A1 target as a server. I am unable to get client connection details when I start more than 3 servers or restart a server on a port for more than 3 times

PMaha.1
Associate II

Please find the goals and the issues below

1. Goal - Start server on 4 sockets one by one, then keep on looking for a client for all the four sockets. When a client is connected to any of the server, I want that server to start sending/receiving the data to the respective client

Issue - I am able to this for 3 connections but for the fourth one, the P? command response doesn’t contain the ip address of client even if it is connected

1. Goal - I want to allow the client to reconnect to the servers if disconnected. ( Even if the client is disconnected, the P? command shows the client IP so currently I stop the server and restart it for enabling client re-connection)

Issue : I can reconnect the client for three times but for the fourth time, again the P? command response doesn’t contain the ip address of client even if it is connected

Please find the details below:

1. Goal 1:

1. I use the following commands to start server

PK= 1,3000\r

P0=<Socket Number>\r

P1=0\r

P2=<Port Number>\r

P5=1\r

1. And then I use the following set of commands to keep on checking if a client is connected

P0 = <Socket Number>\r

P?\r

I then parse the output of the P? command to get the client IP. If I receive a valid IP instead of 0.0.0.0, I start sending/receiving data

As mentioned in the es-wifi document, we can open upto 4 connections, so I start 4 servers using the above mentioned commands for P0 = 0, P0 = 1, P0=2, P0=3. When I check for a client using commands in B, I get the client IP for only the first three servers and not for the fourth even though a client is connected using Hercules to the fourth server ( It shows connected in Hercules)

1. Goal 2:

I try to do the following

1)     Start the server

2)     Look for a client. When the P? command response has the Client IP, go to step 3

3)     Send data

4)     Disconnect the client and stop the server

I can repeat these steps three times, but when I restart the server for the fourth time, I receive the client IP address in P? command after the client is connected but send command fails. The send always fails in the fourth restart

Please let me know the reason of this issue, if it’s a limitation for multipe start server commands or there is any mistake in the approach

Also, please let me know if there is an alternate way to achieve the goals mentioned.

0 REPLIES 0