cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please fix the compatibility bug in new Touch GFX 4.14 and CubeMX 6.0 and Cube IDE1.4

MNapi
Senior II

this is the error I am getting once I migrate or click continue when I open project in CubeMX 6.0 or CubeIDE 1.4 created in TouchGFX 4.14

then screen created in TouchGFX will not longer display, it just dark.

those 3, the newest were supposed to be compatible. 0693W000003C5lwQAC.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

What board are you using ? Did you correctly change the TouchGFX Generator version to 4.14 in CubeMX 6.0.0 ?

Also, CubeMX 6.0.0 generates a second layer even though you do not set it. It's a CubeMX bug that will hopefully be fixed soon.

In the meantime, to change it, enable the second layer and set everything to 0 (it should already be the case but verify when enabling)

0693W000003BhYFQA0.png

The Application Templates in the Designer are being updated to the new versions of CubeMX, CubeIDE and TouchGFX. We hope this will be available soon enough.

/Alexandre

I did as you suggested and it did not work the same problem as soon as I open project in CubeIDE 1.4 the screen goes dark and this is the error I got when I changed to 2 layers I am using STM32F469 Discovery. And I have changed in Cube IDE and Cube MX to version TouchGFX 4.14

0693W000003CCRyQAO.jpg

Hi,

The issue in your screenshot is a consequence of the 2 layer issue. It is a warning rather than an issue, you can still generate code from CubeMX.

/Romain

Hello,

We are currently trying to update all the ATs to cope with all the errors than can be encountered with upgrading to the new versions of CubeMX and CubeIDE. This board will be done as well in due time.

Sorry for the inconvenience but please understand that the issues are not directly related to TouchGFX but to CubeMX and CubeIDE.

Could you enumerate all the steps you did to arrive to a black screen ?

This way it will be easy for us to reproduce when this board will be taken care of.

/Alexandre

I started project in CubeIDE 1.4 I checked all the parameters to work with 32F469 Discovery, then I click on ApplicationTemplate.touchgfx.part to open TochGFX 1.41, I did some basic screen. It created new files. It did compile, upload and black screen.

Then I tried to create first screen in Touch GFX it worked when I run target. then I open project in Cube IDE 1.4 (like on the picture below) it is asking me to migrate or continue. It did complie with no errors and balck screen when I upload. I tried to run target again from touchGFX and it stop working, black screen.

I moved back to TouchGFX 4.13 and CubeIDE 1.2 and it is working again.

0693W000003OjUGQA0.jpg

see the picture below CubeMX 5.5 and CubeIDE 1.2 does not allow to enable continues DMA request for ADC for STM32F469 Discovery, I see it was fixed in new Cube MX 6.0 and Cube IDE 1.4. This is why I wanted to upgrade but I cannot.

0693W000003OjYhQAK.jpg0693W000003OjXtQAK.jpg

Hello,

I manage to create CubeIDE project through Designer 4.14 and running, but i dont get the "do you want to initialize all peripheral to their default ?"

Should it be good with that AT updated ? ( Disco-769) and when will it be released ? for 4.15 ?

Cause when i create project from IDE, it does initialize all peripheral correctly

Should I revert back to designer 4.13 to start my project ?

Regards,

Anton

Hello,

I don't understand your problem. Could you be more precise and indicate the steps you did ?

/Alexandre

ARago.1
Associate II

When i'm using touchgfx designer 4.14, i create a project , choose disco-769 template, the ioc created setup only touchgfx related mcu pin, i dont have all other peripherals setup like with cubeide project creation

/Anton