cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL6180X

MSAMB.1
Associate III

I would like to know when we speak in the API of the user application, this is the program that I will realize and flash on the Pnucleo card so that it works as I want? We agree?

I want to make a final product with the VL6180X sensor which will carry out proximity detection, can I perform all the simulation of my product on my P-Nucleo? We agree if this is not the case please explain to me because I am confused a little

1 REPLY 1
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​Hello,

The API is the driver or the set of functions allowing to program the VL6180X to perform a ranging operation and to read a distance. From your user application (main.c file) you describe whatever you want the device to do. The C code will be compiled and built a binary file to flash into the Nucleo board. For you to evaluate the VL6180X you may order the P-NUCLEO-6180A1 which includes a daughter board VL6180X and a F401RE Nucleo board.

Julien 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.