Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R95 IRQ_In low pulse?

suads
Associate III

Hello ,

According to the st25r95 datasheet:

"After the power supply is established at power-on, the ST25R95 waits for a low pulse on the pin IRQ_IN (t1) before automatically selecting the external interface (SPI) and entering Ready state after a delay".

I have a custom board and I want to read the device id over spi, but the IRQ_IN pin is not connected.

Can it work without IRQ_IN low pulse? Can I communicate with the device, currently I have nothing on MISO line.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

IRQ_IN needs to be connected and needs to follow the power up sequence. SPI communications can only be performed once the power up sequence is completed.

IRQ_OUT is recommended to be connected as well.

X-CUBE-NFC3 firmware uses both IRQ_IN and IRQ_OUT.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

IRQ_IN needs to be connected and needs to follow the power up sequence. SPI communications can only be performed once the power up sequence is completed.

IRQ_OUT is recommended to be connected as well.

X-CUBE-NFC3 firmware uses both IRQ_IN and IRQ_OUT.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.