cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I`m trying to program my STEVAL-MKI197V1 sensor with STEVAL-MKI109V3 development kit module. Why do error occur?

TKCK.1
Associate III

I followed the tutorial step by step via StM official youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDYSWU3bD0). Also before i had tried previous tutorials.But there was such a problem `ERROR: The adapter board has not been Recognized. The WHO_AM_I register does not match the device selected.` come up with .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TKCK.1
Associate III

Hi again,

I changed the chip,LSM6DSOX, on the steval-mki197v1 board. Then i tried the steps again and now it works well, i can read the value from kit. Presumably the problem was that shortcut.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @TKCK.1​ ,

this error means that the board does not read the right WHO_AM_I from the LSM6DSOX.

This could be due to the fact that the sensor is not powered up. Please, check if the two jumpers J13 and J14 are closed (near the center-upper part of the board), they take the VDD to the sensor.

if they are, you can check if VDD is present on the VDD pin of the adapter to check out this possible problem.

let me know if this helped you.

TKCK.1
Associate III

Firstly thanks @niccolo.ruffini​ for reply. I didn't mention my board but i have already closed j13 and j14 jumpers. I notice that when i am trying to upload .bin file there is no problem but when i check the (device adapter section) pins voltage after uploading, there was no voltage in VDD and VDDIO pins. The power(1.8 V) just comes up when i try the communicate the board with Unico GUI(version 9.8.9.0). Then i take 'The WHO_AM_I register doesn't match the device selected' error and the pins voltage come back to the 0 V again.0693W000003Oo4NQAS.png

TKCK.1
Associate III

Hi again,

I changed the chip,LSM6DSOX, on the steval-mki197v1 board. Then i tried the steps again and now it works well, i can read the value from kit. Presumably the problem was that shortcut.

Thanks.

Hi @TKCK.1​ ,

I'm happy to know you managed to solve the problem.

have a nice day.