cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

480MHz HRTIM on H743ZI?

Smoun.1
Associate III

Hi, has anyone been able to configure maximum clock speed (480MHz per datasheet) for the H743ZI with cubeMX?

I can't get the radio button from TIM2_CK to CPU_CK and as such I can't get the PWM resolution I am looking for on the HRTIM.

Not my only question... The provided project examples are helpful but none of these examples help with PWM configuration of sync'ed channels. This is for a 3phase motor control project. I have everything up and running fine on TIM1 (CH1/CH1N, CH2/CH2N, CH3/CH3N) but I'd like to transfer PWM to HRTIM for increased resolution (that is if I can setup HRTIM to use the CPU clock).

Thanks for your help

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

@Smoun.1​  Use the latest CubeMX version,

Thanks for your feedback,

Khouloud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

I started a new project, set the clock speed to 480 MHZ, enabled HRTIM, and switched the clock source to Cpu_Ck. No problems.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Smoun.1
Associate III

thanks - tried again and you're right, it did go through.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

@Smoun.1​  Use the latest CubeMX version,

Thanks for your feedback,

Khouloud

Bassett.David
Associate III

Hello Smoun,

As an aside, did you test on TIM1 using the center-aligned mode? If so, be advised that the HRTIM on the H7-series does not support center-aligned mode! The G4-series has an enhanced HRTIM that does support center-aligned mode.

I was disturbed to discover this, and hope you can avoid similar disappointment...

Regards,

Dave