cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody already tried the new CubeIDE 1.4.1 and Touch GFX 4.14, I cannot get it working.

MNapi
Senior II

I did start the project with F469I Discovery board, I got all the settings then I add Graphics Application it generates new folder TouchGFX.

I start from this folder TouchGFX, I build simple screen, generate code.

then I build the projects no errors I upload to the board.

dark screen, nothing there.

am I missing something ?

I got all the same setting for LTDC like RGB888, 800 x 480 pixels form other working project I ma sure I am not missing anything here

how do I set it up so it works ?

3 REPLIES 3
JWese.2
Associate II

Did you upgrade CubeMX to 6.0.0 as well? I experienced the same issue after any change to the .ioc file. If a program is generated in TouchGFX and then run right to the target F469i-Disco board, it functions. I can also open it in Cube IDE 1.4.1 and run or debug it as well. However, as soon as any change is made to the .ioc in Cube IDE (version 6.0.0 of CubeMX), it states that the version of the MX file is 5.5.0 (the one generated by TouchGFX 4.14.0) and it needs to be migrated or an older package is required F4 V1.24.2. Either way, as soon as any change is made and new code is generated from the .ioc file, both migrated or not, the program no longer displays anything. This happens both with TouchGFX "Run Target" and either Debug or Run in Cube IDE 1.4.1. Not sure if you are modifying anything in CubeMX 6.0.0, but that appears to be the issue I am experiencing. The workaround is to modify the .ioc file in CubeMX5.5.0. I installed a separate instance of CubeMX 5.5.0 and load the .ioc into that instance to liberate my peripherals. I then generate the code and exit. I am careful not to open the .ioc file in CubeIDE after that. Maybe you will find something in here helpful.

I do also have cubeMX 6.0 and the screen will no longer work once you click continue or migrate.

Looks like they fix one bug and the new version comes with more bugs.

I am using F469 Discovery and CubeMX 5.5 does not allow me to enable Continues DMA request for ADC. They fixed it in CubeM 6.0

So using CubeMX 5.5 to setup a few things is not option for me.

They fix one bug but create other bugs