cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wondering can i apply LSM6DSOX to personal mobility

Csim.1
Associate

Hi, my name is chaehyeon sim, (Student of Pohang University of Science and Technology ,South Korea, sophomore in university)

I'm conducting a research program at school.

For the overall study, the sensor is attached to the electric kickboard to detect an accident. 

During the research, i found your company's YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjdtsR5fv8) I saw a project video using IMU and machine learning. 

Therefore, I would like to apply this to the projects we are working on. (to detect whether driving or in accident)

Before applying it, I am writing this email to ask you a question. 

1. I wonder if LSM6DSOX can withstand the shock. (It will be attached to the electric kickboard and will be subject to severe shock due to the detection of the accident.)

2. STEVAL-MKI109V3, STEVAL-MKI197V1 will be purchased and researched, and I would like to ask if it is suitable for research or if you can recommend another sensor.

3. In the video, you used a pencil to carry out the project, and the image shown in the video shows that the sensor is highly sensitive. I wonder if there is any way we can adjust the sensitivity of the sensor according to our research situation.

Since I'm still a student, I don't have much professional knowledge, so I'm sorry to ask you some basic questions. I'll be waiting for your answer to the question.

Thank you for reading this.

1 REPLY 1
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi Chaehyeon @Csim.1​ ,

yours seems a great research project!

regarding your questions:

1. yes, the LSM6DSOX can withstand the shock of a car crash (typically hundreds of g's are involved in car incidents, and the LSM6DSOX is able to work after shocks of 10000 g)
  2. these should be fine for your application, from what you wrote I would also use that device (if you would like to consume more and have less noise you could also use LSM6DSRX, but I think the DSOX will be enough)
  3. yes, the sensitivity of the sensor can be adjusted via software (to ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale)

you are welcome, and don't feel afraid to ask more questions, we are here to help you.