cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use touchGFX on STM32MP1 ?

Shree
Associate II

Hi @martin KJELDSEN​ ,

I have some questions related to porting touchGFX on STM32MP1 which are as below :

1) Is it possible to run touchGFX on M4 core available on STM32MP1 ?

2) As I understood earlier touchGFX was supported on ARM processors, If I have to port touchGFX on STM32MP1, how should I approach it ?

Regards,

Shree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I've only done some very, very preliminary experiments, but this is not something we're actively looking into atm so i'm not spending time on that at all.

TouchGFX libraries that are distributed with the release are Cortex-M only, so it should be possible to make it run on the M4, but for the Cortex-A7 there are also only lab experiments. And you would have to handle communication between the two cpus on your own, if needed.

/Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP
Senior III

the support for the MP1 should come at the end of the year as far as I recall. there's at least one user in here that's working on a solution that uses the M4 core but I'm not sure about the result of that effort.

Shree
Associate II

Thanks @HP​  for your reply.

TouchGFX was supporting the ARM processor before it was acquired by ST . So, is it possible to use those versions on STM32MP1 ?

I have no idea. I only started using tGFX after it was acquired... you might get lucky but I think the easy solution is to wait for the implementation to come to CubeMX and tGFX designer. of course the timeframe is a rare luxury that only a few of us have...

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

I've only done some very, very preliminary experiments, but this is not something we're actively looking into atm so i'm not spending time on that at all.

TouchGFX libraries that are distributed with the release are Cortex-M only, so it should be possible to make it run on the M4, but for the Cortex-A7 there are also only lab experiments. And you would have to handle communication between the two cpus on your own, if needed.

/Martin

Shree
Associate II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ ,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please share the work which you have done on Cortex-A7 ? so that I can work on top of it .