X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 max current

BXie.1
Associate
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @BXie.1​ welcome to ST Community.

The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 is based on powerSTEP01 System-In-Package able to manage up to 10 Arms.

This device and the board can operate with both voltage mode driving and advanced current control, more setting are needed according the selected working mode.

In case of voltage mode, the sense resistors are not required and you can remove them connecting the SENSE pins directly to ground.

In case of current mode you have to select the proper value of sensing resistor and reference voltage according to your target current.

The mounted value is selected to work with a few ampere (with power dissipation margin on sense resistors).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @BXie.1​ welcome to ST Community.

The X-NUCLEO-IHM03A1 is based on powerSTEP01 System-In-Package able to manage up to 10 Arms.

This device and the board can operate with both voltage mode driving and advanced current control, more setting are needed according the selected working mode.

In case of voltage mode, the sense resistors are not required and you can remove them connecting the SENSE pins directly to ground.

In case of current mode you have to select the proper value of sensing resistor and reference voltage according to your target current.

The mounted value is selected to work with a few ampere (with power dissipation margin on sense resistors).

Hi @BXie.1​,

was my answer helpful?

Let me know if everything is clear, and if so please "Select as Best" my answer for a fast research in the Community.