cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the STM8S005K6T6CTR be a good fit for my requirements?

UJain.1
Associate II

I would like to use the STM8S005K6T6CTR in my next project. This is my first project outside of the arduino ecosystem, so sorry for bad questions(if any) .

The MCU will be responsible for taking care of the following tasks:

1) Driving a 4 digit 7 segment display

2) 4 button water tolerant capacitative touch input

3) Drive a buzzer

4) Drive a relay

5) Drive 6 LEDs

6) A timer with 1.5% accuracy(possible without external resonator?)

Thanks and Regards

5 REPLIES 5
prain
Senior III

You may want to look at stm32duino project. An arduino port for stm32 MCUs. The famous blue pill board based on stm32f103c8t6 is completely supported by stm32duino.

Thank You @prain​ . I took a look at the STM32DUINO, looks like there is support for STM8 as well. Would I still be able to use the STM's touch libraries if I were to use the stm32duino?

1- Until you have a good reason for using STM8 series, I strongly recommend you to use STM32. STM8 is a walking dead.

2- About touch library: depends on library; if there are dependencies on SPL, HAL, LL or any other library, you will have a hard time to port in arduino ecosystem. If it is a standalone library, it can be included in arduino projects easily. I have not experience with STM8 touch library. maybe someone else can help you better.

Ok. Thank you. Appreciate your reply.

henry.dick
Senior II

Your tasks seem quite simple and straight forward. So I see no reason that it cannot be done with a STM8 chip.

Note that depending on the compilers used, they can have low ISR latency.