cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix deleting the project by code generator in CubeIDE V1.4.1

Flateric
Associate II

Hello, I'm using now CubeIDE V1.4.1 and when a generate the project by pressing "Generate Code" the whole project will be deleted. In a previous post another member describes the problem for a fromer version of the CubeIDE. The answer to this question was: "Such minor 1.4.1 patch (some Kbytes) is solving issue reported by this topic.We really apologize for inconvenience." But the patch doesn't solve the problem. During the process of generation the picture of the MCU with the pin layout is seen in the IDE for a short time and also some folders and files in the project directory. But then the project icon in the "Project Explorer" dissapears and also all files in the project folder including the project folder are deleted. There is now logfile or error message what's happened. How can I fix this problem? Is there another patch?

Best regards

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Please possibly share your .ioc file or at min. target device.

About log please get look to your workspace location. <workspace>/.metadata/.log and .ide.log files​

P​revious post is about existing project update. Here sounds discussing about brand new project creation ... please confirm.

Flateric
Associate II

Currently I have made a small video that is possible to see whats happened. After the second try of project generation the whole project folder with .ico file is deleted and so there is no .ico file available. I will repeat the procedure again and save the .ico file after the first try of project generation. My host OS is Windos 10 x64 Version 2004 (Build 19041.388) "Here sounds discussing about brand new project creation ... please confirm". Yes, this is a new project creation.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Thanks for such detailled material sharing.

First ok issue is confirmed at project creation. Not nice at all​ because not able to start your project but at least not loosing existing material as post you may have refered to.

S​econd not able to reproduce yet on my side. But will still try.

I​n the meantime i guess issue is related to your local setup. Sounds your setup is valid but as quite custom may lead to some non supported or non validated configuration as not so current one.

Log weird issue is: ​MESSAGE 'Develop/Software/ST/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_tim.c' is not a valid location. The location is relative to undefined workspace path variable 'Develop'.

Sounds like paths issues.

Looking at full log i have noticed you have updated all default paths.

1) custom IDE product install path​

2) custom FW packs install path

3) custom project root path

Back all such should be supported but ...

On top of 1) and 2) both are sharing a common path root what may be even more specific.

A​s second log reported issue you have info STM32CubeMX project creation is failing what explains i guess no project by process end.

Is non Cube project (so called Empty project creation works ?)

I​f possible on your side myself i would have couple of try relying on more common setup step by step to focus on issue waiting for ST's feedbacks.

Try first starting IDE to set workspace to place you are expecting to work i.e. on parent folder of your project root path​

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

0693W000003OjjRQAS.png

almost like your setup it works for me but lacking workspace path at IDE startup and not having a user name including blank char.

Flateric
Associate II

Hello again,

I have created once more a new project with CubeIDE V1.4.1. If I press the button "Finish" in the project configuation dialog then the project creation starts and

I see the icon in the project tree window.

0693W000003P8nNQAS.png

But then the icon disapears and also my folder "demo_master" where normaly should be the file *.ico is deleted. In the

project configuration dialog is it possible to press the button "Finish" again and again and the procedure is restarted always with the same result.

The logfile says the path "Develop/Software/ST/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f4xx_hal_tim.c"

is not a valid location. Indeed, this is correct because the drive letter is missing in the path. But why is the drive letter missing here? I have attached a screenshot where you can see that the path is correct on my PC.

"D:\Develop\Software\ST\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Drivers\STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver\Src\stm32f4xx_hal_tim.c"

I have also checked this issue on my second PC here. It also runs on Windows 10 x64 and a can reproducre the issue

also there. I have also installed the tools and the repository into the default paths but without success.

Best regards

Daniel