cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Linux to STM32F429-DISC, and face an issue on inputting command "ls"

JWang.13
Associate II

Hi, all

These months, I am using AFBoot + Linux + rootfs XIP image to download into 2MB internal flash of STM32F29-DISC. After some test, I can get the printing information of Linux on serial of Mobaxterm(home edition). But, when serial gets "/#", I cannot input "ls" command in Mobaxterm like other engineer(I am sure I have disable the control flow, and have tried some other terminal, and I even download the image of other people who had successfully used that image to list the files of Linux. But on my side, this issue always there). I don't know what happened that case.

The attached file is the printing information from Mobaxterm when I doing test. Please take a look at the last line.

Does any one can give me some advice about why I cannot input the command on Mobaxterm? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

The last line is:

/ # [  240.760000] random: crng init done

What does this have to do with the ls command?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to input command, for example "ls", after Linux outputting "/#". But I cannot input any character on Mobaxterm. Even, 4 mins later, I get the message "random: crng init down", I still cannot input anything.

Some engineers in our country wrote blogs about that they had successfully got the unLinux boot information on their hardware STM32F429-DISC and could input command "ls" after ucLinux outputting "/#" to get the file list of file system.

I followed their steps, or even used their successful BIN file to download into my STM32F429-DISC, but I failed to input any command on Mobaxterm.

Same Hardware, same software, why I get the different result. this is my puzzle.

Please have a look at their successful outputting message.

Honestly who'd waste their time running full Embedded Linux on an STM32F429 ?

There were demos for uCLinux, but that was years ago, and I think EmCraft moved to more viable platforms.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

haha... Thanks for your reply.

yes, using Afboot+ucLinux+rootfs is old approach to develop embedded system.

But, sometimes, payed a lot of time and cannot the get the hoped result, may let me disappointing, and I was blocked at the last step, maybe it is a little issue.