cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error with provided ARMCLANG library from TouchGfx 4.14.0

jimmii
Senior II

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ 

I just updated to 4.14.0. Now I get the linker as I got them in this thread (the problem was the short enums/wchar settings) https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlgbG2SQI/arm6-compiler-support

I can see that the armclang lib that comes with 4.14.0 is smaller than the version you provided in the thread.

Any thoughts?

Cheers /jimmii

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
43 REPLIES 43
jimmii
Senior II

Anyone else having this issue? Maybe @Alexandre RENOUX​ you can help?

/jimmii

jimmii
Senior II

Anyone? @Martin KJELDSEN​ , @Alexandre RENOUX​ 

/jimmii 

jimmii
Senior II

Feedback much appreciated. @Martin KJELDSEN​ , @Alexandre RENOUX​ 

Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, unfortunately I don't know how to work with ARMCLANG library, please wait for @Martin KJELDSEN​ to come back next week.

/Alexandre

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Roman Schläpfer​,

Back from vacation. What's the status on this? From our perspective, we only offer a single library with a certain configuration of settings. What we did was come up with a library that satisfied your conditions, something that would vary from developer to developer. I think i'll try to raise a flag to address this more generally, since the number of combinations for libraries for all compilers is .. well, a large number.

/Martin

Hi @Martin KJELDSEN​ , hope you had a great time...

I see what you mean, but since the Keil Middlewares only link when "Short enums/wchar" is enabled (as figured out by @PBull​ in this thread: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AlgbG2SQI/arm6-compiler-support) and Keil mentions: "The wchar_t type must be the same in all source and libraries to successfully link." - all the people who are using middlewares cannot use "your" armclang library. Does that make sense?

Or you could provide me with a new 4.14.0 library with this option enabled (like you did last time)? I think the old library does not work with the updated 4.14.0 framework, am I correct? At least my project it does not link with it. So I'm stuck at 4.13 at the moment.

Thanks for your help.

/jimmii

Yes, i see what you mean. We just had to make a decision and there are many use cases. The biggest problem is identifying the right library (should we choose to distribute multiple) because it gets automatically configured into projects, etc. And there are some limits to what we can read from various tools.

But with ARMCLANG there are quite a few options. I'll try to consider what we can do here. In any case, i'll try to make a working lib for you like we did last time. This thread?

/Martin

Perfect @Martin KJELDSEN​ , that works for me.

Thanks again for your effort.

/jimmii

@Roman Schläpfer​ , to help me out, can you refresh me with the exact settings i need? Thanks!

This is what i've got so far:

-xc -std=c99 --target=arm-arm-none-eabi -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -c
-fno-rtti -funsigned-char -fshort-enums -fshort-wchar
-mlittle-endian -gdwarf-3 -Oz -ffunction-sections 

/Martin