cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X-satel breakout boards

SPimp.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am working on interface in the VL53L1X-satel breakout boards with my NUCLEO-F446RE dev board:

Note that I am not using the (https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/ecosystems/stm32-open-development-environment/stm32-nucleo-expansion-boards/stm32-ode-sense-hw/p-nucleo-53l1a1.htmlP-NUCLEO-53L1A1 shield for this project

I am using the ultra lite library(https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/proximity-sensors-software/stsw-img009.html).

Below are the steps I am performing before starting a reading:

• VL53L1X_BootState() - wait to come out of boot state
  • VL53L1X_SensorInit()
  • VL53L1X_SetDistanceMode() - long distance
  • VL53L1X_SetTimingBudgetInMs() - 50 ms
  • VL53L1X_SetInterMeasurementInMs() - 60 ms
  • VL53L1X_SetOffset() - calibrated earlier (-110)
  • VL53L1X_SetROI() - 16,16

Once these commands are executed, I am calling VL53L1X_StartRanging()

Here are some results I found:

Actual Distance| Calculated Distance

140 mm| 5312 mm

300 mm| 42240 mm

400 mm| 61440 mm

450 mm |7169 mm

500 mm |16641 mm

I have gone through documentation for the ultra lite library and followed it to the best of my knowledge. I have gone through the example code and demo code provided by STM. I need some support on the issue.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

​Hello, it seems that you have some porting issue from Nucleo F401RE to the Nucleo F446RE in the read/write I2C functions. If you are familiar with the MBED IDE, the easiest way is to use the MBED VL53L1X library. Check out the HelloWorld_VL53L1X_StandAlone_Satellite program from MBED, connect the VL53L1X Satellite board on the Nucleo F446RE. Please use only the green PCB satellite version (VL53L1X-SATEL) not the blue PCB version provided in the X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 pack, it won't work because there is not level shifter and voltage regulator. Note that you probably can use also the X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 if you don't have the right satellite board. In this case check out the right related MBED program. Julien

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SPimp.1
Associate II

Thank you. I was able to make it work.

My platform file had an error in the RdWord function that I was able to rectify!