cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.4.0 regression: can no longer debug through ftdi (ft4232h) with openocd, saying "No ST-Link detected"

dawid
Associate III

I've been debugging a custom designed board that has an FT4232 USB IC on it with a JTAG interface. STM32Cube IDE up to 1.3.1 could successfully debug this through openocd. Version 1.4.0 wants to force firmware verification so I can no longer program and debug my board. How can I disable the ST-Link firmware check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ooo
Associate II

Starting right now a 1.4.1 STM32CubeIDE release is available to you. 

Such minor 1.4.1 patch (some Kbytes) is solving issue reported by this topic.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
JAlca
Senior

Same here!

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

First guess same issue as: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000DhVsCSAV/i-have-just-updated-to-stm32-cubeide-v140it-asked-for-st-link-server-for-debugging-i-downloaded-and-installed-successfully-on-my-mac-catalina-10156but-cube-ide-still-asks-st-link-server-and-tells-i-should-download-it-from-wwwstcom

Sounds some update done if STLink server but existing product update is not able to manage depending of your previous install. I would advice to rely on installer to get proper STLink server whatever target OS. Have a try. Installer are available at www.st.com.

dawid
Associate III

I have never used the ST-Link GDB server, and don't intend to. I reinstalled IDE 1.3.0, and it works fine with my boards with the debug probe set to ST-Link (OpenOCD) in the debugger configuration. I don't have time to play around with the ST-Link server now. Will just stay on 1.3.0 until it is fixed or someone figures out how to disable the ST-Link firmware check.

JAlca
Senior

Solved!

I deinstalled all and start a fresh install from 1.4.0. Now it works.

Please tag as "Answered" will help Community.

Sure!

Please, how can I tag the post?

dawid
Associate III

Tried that. Doesn't work for me. Still says:

0693W000003BZnbQAG.png

Back to 1.3.0 (can't seem to find 1.3.1 for download anywhere).

You can select the 1.3.0 ver to download.

Possibly reboot or kill any existing STLink server process on your host prior installing 1.4.0 from installer.

Fact is STLinker server is a running as a deamon process. If an old version is running new installation may not happen as expected.

Not sure about but maybe ...